Missions is a natural extension of Pittsford Community Church. Whether here in Rochester or far away we support individuals and organizations to further the work of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.
God has outlined in Scripture a design for human history; that is, a mission strategy that will provide opportunities for all people and every nation to hear the message of salvation. Our goals are:
- To develop a missions education program for children, teens, and adults at Pittsford Community Church.
- To reach unsaved people with a new knowledge of Jesus through a program of mission outreach overseas and in the local community.
- To build up indigenous churches in areas which are closed to foreign missionaries or in which a strong Christian witness is lacking.
- To prepare national believers to engage in evangelism and discipleship of their own people.
- To challenge and prepare members of our church to become career missionaries, tentmakers, or short-term participants in missions ministries.
- To provide needy people with medicines, food, shelter, transportation, or other resources in the name of Christ
Our strategy for implementing the missions’ ministry at Pittsford Community Church is to:
- Equip leaders, members, and attendees of Pittsford Community Church to participate in the many facets of the ministry of missions; for example, missions education, prayer, financial support, providing regular contact with missionaries, missionary service, evaluating missions outreach and short term mission trips.
- Develop and implement programs and activities in our church that will assist members and attendees to identify their spiritual gifts for use in mission ministries.
- Establish and publicize a library and other resources, including people, that will provide information, challenge, and encouragement to members and attendees who desire to actively participate in missions outreach.
- Identify cross—cultural and other ministries in the community which Pittsford Community Church desires to support and publicize specific needs of these ministries within our fellowship.
- Identify ministries around the world, which Pittsford Community Church desires to support——long—term or short—term——and publicize potential opportunities for service and/or support by our members.
As we consider the great commission in Matthew 28:19-20 “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you…” we see our responsibility to reach out to all nations. What an awesome privilege and great responsibility Jesus gave us when He spoke those works to the eleven on a mountain in Galilee. Knowing that we can’t personally be in all nations and here in Pittsford, we have assembled a wonderful group of ambassadors to represent Pittsford Community Church and spread the good news of Jesus Christ to all nations.
These ambassadors, our missionaries on the front lines personally fulfilling the great commission, are all assembled on the following pages. (more to come)